Search This Blog

Friday, June 14, 2024

PBS Series 'Finding Your Roots' Lead Genealogist Recognizes Shapard History Blog!

 A most delightful and unexpected letter honored the efforts of the Shapard History Blog in March of 2024. For all the family members, friends and interested public who have graciously contributed to preserving our family's history by sharing stories, sending photographs, as well as, reading this blog, I have the great joy of sharing this letter with you. Out of respect for the author, a few items of the letter will be redacted, including her name.

 

Mr. Shapard, 


Good evening! 

...I am a professional genealogist--currently, I am one of the Lead Genealogists and the Associate Genetic Genealogist for the PBS series Finding Your Roots... 


While this is seemingly quite random, I wanted to reach out and tell you that I came across your blog regarding your Shapard Family History while trying to identify the parents of Richard Shepard (ca 1799-1866) of Elbert & Butt Counties in Georgia, and that I spent a few hours last night reading it--and that I really enjoyed your work! 

I was particularly riveted by the sad story of David C. Shapard and his father, and the horrible car accident they were involved in with Tenny Shapard. 

You have a gift for writing, and again--I really enjoyed reading your family's stories and looking at the photos. (Tenny was a stunning woman, and your descriptions of her and David made them "come to life" for me.)

I hope that you continue to write the blog, and I look forward to reading more stories. 

Regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment